Nina out and about being active in the community

Nina out and about being active in the community
I am a hands-on Green, out and about being active in the community

Monday 2 May 2011

May day in Glasgow


Here we are getting ready for the annual May Day march around the town. I think the parade itself might have been bigger than last year but sadly we were largely unobserved. The city centre was very empty. I think everyone must have been enjoying the sunshine at the beach.

I am wearing my Wisconsin tshirt in solidarity with the amazing folks there who are standing up to their terrible state governor, who is aiming to kill unions forever in the state by a new law doing away with their joint bargaining rights. Disgraceful. See more at http://blog.aflcio.org/.

The tshirt is labelled as made by union workers. I wish we had union made clothes here.

No comments:

Post a Comment