Nina out and about being active in the community

Nina out and about being active in the community
I am a hands-on Green, out and about being active in the community

Saturday 30 April 2011

Red Windsor Apple Tree Planted in George square



These delightful kids planted a Red Windsor apple tree beside the war memorial in George Square, Glasgow, yesterday 29th April 2011. May it live long and prosper, like the other Windsors.
George Square is in my council ward, so when John Hancox of the Childrens Orchard charity came to me to ask if I could arrange for this to happen, I was delighted to do what I could to get the council to agree. Lovely sunny day, the apple juice squezer machine (bottom right of the pic) and lots of happy children made it a lovely way to spend the day.

I know that most other folks were either glued to their TVs or, later on, fighting off the cops in Kelvingrove park, but I had a nice peaceful day doing this and a wee bit of campaigning in Paisley - handing out the green windmills to loads of families there.

No comments:

Post a Comment