Nina out and about being active in the community

Nina out and about being active in the community
I am a hands-on Green, out and about being active in the community

Tuesday 29 March 2011

Nina Goes Greener at East Ren's GoGreener Sunday

I dropped in on the excellent Go Greener event in Rouken Glen last weekend. Masses of people, loads of great stalls and this very very green man. He is, inside, Salvio who organised this with a horde of very keen volunteers. I hosted a small discussion session on getting green projects going and there were some enthusiastic young women from the local school who are keen to get their school recycling properly. I hope they can round up colleagues from the other secondary schools an really put the pressure on the council to do more. That was my idea on the idea tree behind me. If Greens are elected to Holyrood we will be really pushing for true Zero Waste and opposing the fake version as represented by the Loganswell incinerator plant proposed for just down the road from this lovely park.

No comments:

Post a Comment